View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 03:37 PM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefMadness View Post
a new system lacks chemical and biological stability right out of the gate because of all the varying stages your rock and substrate (if you have any) are at in terms of maturing.
a lot of progress can be made with just rock solid consistent feeding and resisting the temptation to change things.
dinos described are toxic to "inverts" and I can confirm snails are on the list but I'm not entirely sure if it affects crabs or otherwise.
there is no catch all solution for beating dinos which is why I recommend scoping them. from there you can at least make decisions based on others success instead of spending, causing instability and getting frustrated.

That makes sense. My tank has been running since June. So still maturing. I am trying not to change too much at once. I am blowing off the rocks more and added a filter sock. Also went from feeding 1/4 cube once a day to feeding twice a day. Hopefully to try and bring nitrate and phosphates to not be 0.

I finished my 3 day blackout and the tank looks a bit better. Fish are fine, but corals aren't happy. My red plating montipora is losing tissue and my big green sps is looking very white. My tyree toadstool also isn't opening yet... Hopefully they will come back.