View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 04:05 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
My son is getting a digital camera for christmas.. he's 2.
I didn't get a digital camera until I was 26..
What kind of camera? We gave Nathan a toy version of a digital camera one Christmas but it sucked, so for his 4th birthday he got a real digital camera. It's nothing profound but seriously, it wasn't that much and he can take photos with it that are actually worth keeping. Plus, it's awesome because with the perspective, they are a perfect representation of "the world as seen by a 4 year old."

As long as you're not overspending like crazy, because a 2 year old is a 2 year old and you know darn well how that camera is going to get treated ... I actually think this is a great idea. Yeah, I didn't get a digital camera until I was late 20's either, and the 1.0 megapixel POS that that thing was, was nothing compared to the most basic of basic cameras available at the $60-100 price point nowadays, but ... meh, the world is different I guess.

Someone I might consider for his next birthday is an iPod .. yeah, an iPod. He LOVES music and his tastes in music are nothing short of amazing. I'll never forgot the look on rbacchiega's face (too bad she doesn't hang out on the board anymore) when she came over (he was still 3 at this point) and he started discussing Johnny Cash with her (she has a Johnny Cash tattoo on her leg .. among other artists). Not your average conversation with a 3 year old.