View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 07:38 PM

Eb0la11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth81 View Post
You are right about Western Pump and Rona, only probelem is that they don't stock any true union ball valves, or any sch 80 stuff. I found the best value for any sch 80 fittings was www.pvcfittingsonline.com Just make sure you order extras of everything, otherwise you'll have to make 3 or 4 orders. And shipping and duties are painfull ( still much cheaper for sch 80 and ball valves though).

To me the most important thing is unions. Also another very important aspect of plumbing that no one seems to mention is how you hang your plumbing. I originally had my pipe and fittings directly supported on a wall via some screw in clamps, boy was that ever a mistake! the entire house vibrated from the pump!! it was horrible, my sump is in my basement, and I could clearly hear/feel the pump from my master bedroom on the second floor!! So after talking it over with a few people I put in a flex connection from the discharge of my pump to a section of rigid PVC that was all suspended from the wall, not directly touching, and it made all the difference in the world! No it is barley auidble on the main floor.
Where do you get your flex connections from? Do you typically get clear ones or not? I would think not but usually I just see clear ones, and do you just use a hose barb to connect?