Thread: rowaphos help
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 08:24 PM

Xadieu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by makana View Post
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it! I have it up and running. Not sure on the tumble, it may need more media. I'll watch it and see how it goes. I'm not looking to starve out my clam but I would like to finally beat the algea issue. This was supposed to be a mixed reef when I started it over 3 years ago but I havn't been able to get it stable enough to even think about sps. The algea is hopefully this last hurdle and with any luck this will do the trick.
Clams feed on nitrates

I would suggest you run Prodibio Bioclean also if you want to control your nutrient issues. For $55 you get 15 vials of biodigest (Nytrifying Bacteria) and 15 vials of Bioptim (Food source for the Bacteria) you only need to dose 1 vial of each every 2 weeks for your size of tank, these vials will last you 7.5 months quite a steal IMO, on bigger system it get quite expensive but with you tank you will get away with it cheap! Dose the prodibio every water change and watch your nutrient levels goes down over couple of months it will bring you down to ultra low nutrient levels. Do a little bit of reading on Prodibio and test it out of you like. I love this stuff esp when i get to break the tip of the vial and dose it into my tank most fun 2 sec I have LOL