View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 02:34 AM

Sliver is on a distinguished road
Default red sea reefer tanks?

Hello, been a member on the forum but have yet to post. I've had to move around for work for the last few years and I'm finally settling in. I have been keeping dart frogs for years but really want to have a small reef tank. I have 3 small children and who love looking at fish with me (we go all the time) and were all excited to get one up and running. My wife is hesitant (to say the least) but agreed to let me move forward.

I'm looking at purchasing a Red Sea reefer nano or 170. I have read a ton of information and from what I see they look like solid tanks. I'm just curious what you guys might think of them? are they worth it?

With that being asked I've called a few places and find that they seem to charge more for the tanks then I see online. Has anyone had one shipped, can you recommend the best place to buy from?

I want the to set up the tank, sump with a carbon reactor, no refugium (for now).

What is the best light? I was thinking a kessil a360 or a ai hydra. I have been told to steer clear of the hydra by my local fish shop and I'm confused why.

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place, there is so many!