View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 03:07 AM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

I have the brs dual reactor, been running it for not quite 2 years and I'm not impressed. When I first set it up, the connectors leaked, I contacted brs and they sent me new ones, same issue, so I just lived with it. Right now I think the pump is gone, it's not moving the media around at all, even though it's running. Last media change it was working fine, check a few days later and nothing is moving. Tried adjusting the flow but it's pretty useless ATM.

When it did work, it was fine and notable improvement in water clarity from running carbon. But it's been more of a hassle than anything.

I'll pull the pump out tonight and see if there's something plugging it up that I can't see/ feel while it's running.

The other thing I noticed, that if the flow is too much at first, the carbon gets pushed to the top and will clog the sponge. I've found the only way to fix this is to pull it apart again. Because my connections leak, mine is in my sump so not the easiest to mess around with after cleaning. I do turn the flow down and adjust but i find it pretty sensitive and if too much adjustment, it's clogged.

My opinion, I'm sure others have different experiences.