View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 06:52 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

After reading several threads involving rock work I finally worked up the courage to start. Changed my plans from the mock-up Eli made for me, but overall, it's pretty close.

First, I figured out the best angle for the base rock. This ended up being a little back heavy...

...so I chopped that booty off!

Front left corner was a little low. Added a small chunk as a foot. Found a good spot on top for the left-overs from the back.

Used some FijiCrete as per Eli's instructional videos. Holy crap, this stuff sets fast. You don't have much time to work with it!
I'm just hoping it's as strong as advertised. Gunna give it 24hrs before I even touch it.

What you see here measures 16L x 12W x 17 tall. Due to the centre brace on the tank this structure will need to be dropped in and any additional rock will need to be added (I will never make the mistake of a centre brace again).
Busy weekend ahead and next weeks work is looking swamped. Not sure how much more I will be able to do before the holidays. Really looking forward to my 3 and a 1/2 week staycation!
Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas to all!