View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplatapus View Post
Nice and clean build, bravo brotha! Hope mine turns out as nice (although I doubt it as I'm not using pretty coloured piping )
Thanks daplatapus! The only reason for the coloured piping is because all the equipment is in the stand. If I had a fish room downstairs I'd be using white sched40 as well. The extra cost would not be justified IMO. Plus, the fittings have really been a nightmare to find locally. Probably won't go that route again.

No updates on your build lately, what's going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theokie View Post
Love the planning going into this build, really inspires me to not just have ass my plumbing on my 200 gallon build over Christmas. I've gotten 3 of the Eheim Compact+ 5000 and hope the Latex tubing solves your vibration issues, as with 3 of them and a Waterblaster HY7000 I'm really trying to keep vibrations to a minimum
theokie, the tweaking I did today has solved all the issues I had... and when I say 'I', that really means my wife, Lol.

Replaced the OXO silicone mat with an inch of foam filter media. Shortened the PVC riser (had to use a coupling), and replaced the vinyl tubing with latex medical tubing from New Line Hose & Fittings: http://www.new-line.com/hose/tubing/...medical-tubing
It looks ugly as hell, IMO, but has made it completely silent! I would highly recommend it.

Now that the plumbing is all sorted I can focus my attention on the rockwork. Might be PM'ing a few of you guys for some tips!

Thanks for looking.