View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 06:15 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Whoa. I want!
kien, your tank is awesome sauce. Definitely one of the premier set-ups here on Canreef. It's been an inspiration to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guy View Post
I don't know of many people that have a color choice in the sump area,"very cool"
Getting closer bud! Looks awesome.
Laurie, I'm actually looking forward to the next party we throw so I can put the lights on 'disco disco' mode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang daddy View Post
The sump cabinet lighting looks cool.... As for lights you can't go wrong with T5, and later on if you're feeling frisky add a couple led strips to get that pop and shimmer.

What are your coral stocking plans?

I almost caved and bought a radion for my 38g but decided to try some T5 fixtures I had laying around and couldn't be happier with the colouration. Then I had some led strips laying around aswell so I tried them out and the combo is spectacular. Lucky I have so much equiptment laying around lol.

You are more than welcome to stop by and see what it looks like if you want.... Let me know!
Chris, as a salty noob I may be aiming a little high with the stocking plans but I'm planning SPS dominant. I have decades of experience with fresh water so I'm confident I can adapt my husbandry skills accordingly.
Very interested in Chalices, palys and zoas as well. Just need to experiment with proper placement in the tank once it's up and running. Not too keen on softies, but I'm sure I will acquire some.
All in all it will be a mixed reef, with the emphasis on SPS and zoas. You can view a video of my proposed aquascape that Eli made here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPie...iTyeOHxntsrufQ and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtRq...iTyeOHxntsrufQ
The challenge will be proper placement for all non-SPS corals as I am planning wicked flow across the top half of the structure.

Thanks for the invite, I'd love to stop by your place some time, check out your set up and talk shop. I'll text you buds.