View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 02:32 PM

jassz is on a distinguished road
Default Does this look/sound like flukes?

I think this should have its own topic as perhaps it was lost in the other thread.

I have a double saddle back butterfly (Zoom Zoom), that I have had about 6 weeks. He's not a good eater, but seems to be surviving eating from my live rocks (mostly aptaisia). He was doing some chin scraping on the rocks (see the other thread about his lips), but that seems to have stopped. He is a bit twitchy sometimes though. There have been no spots on him, until a couple of days ago when one appeared on his front fin. It is white, covers most of his fin, and is kind of thick and bumpy looking. He seems to keep it close to his side. Very easy to see, but not so easy to get a picture of. But I tried. What might this be, and what would be the best thing to do for it? I have a 135g tank with a lionfish, a wolf eel, a picasso trigger and a valentini puffer. Oh, and a cowrie snail. Everyone gets along well. I think the other fish are senior citizens (at least the puffer and the lion), but everyone is healthy and doing well. I have no means to quarantine (which is partly why I've waited for years to introduce another fish, and I did so now because I needed someone to help tame the aptaisia that had taken over the tank. Zoom Zoom is certainly doing that!).

What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zoomzoom's fin zoomed 004.jpg (6.3 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg zoomzoom's fin 004.jpg (36.9 KB, 75 views)