View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 12:47 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang daddy View Post
Fair enough Justin!!

But I just wanted straight facts like someone keeping it as a pet for over 60 years.

Scientist can assume by culculations of growth length to times of molt to figure out how old that creature is, However maybe the lobsters diet was great kinda like body builders use steriods to become gorillas. so in this case they can grow larger faster like say in 20 years. hence the 100+ years is only a scientific guess and not a serious fact.

Look I'm not trying to dispute that they don't live this long however there is no hard evidence to prove it.

I know people have this long and past that. Atleast with a tree you can count the cross cuts with a lobster we are only going by size and they probally measured size per molt on a species in captivity.....

In the wild maybe they were eating lots more than in captivity anyhow we know what we know so lets all think that yes they can live over 100+years.

Oh I totally understand where your coming from

I doubt many live 100 years. It does seem they live quite long though! I would say they are not going to live 15 years in an aquarium though. As they grow, most tanks are just going to get way too small. Although I don't know this species, most get very large.