View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 10:16 PM

abcha0s is on a distinguished road

Hi Mustang / All

The tank has been ticking along. To that end, I am very grateful for all of the work I put into automation. Maintenance consists of little more than cleaning the skimmers (5 minutes/Week) and occasionally cleaning the glass (5 minutes).

I have to say that after several years of constant building, tweaking, upgrading, adding, fixing, tinkering and generally obsessing over the tank, it's very nice to just sit back and just look at it - without feeling compelled to change something because it isn't absolutely perfect.

I suffered a complete loss of all my corals which really left me discouraged. I can't explain what happened. My best guess is leaching from my 200G saltwater storage resevior. I plan to get rid of this in favor of a smaller resevoir, and hope that the problem goes away. I will eventually figure out what went wrong and start over, but rather than going crazy over it, I am taking my time. I finally learned how to have patience.

The good news is that my fish look spectacular. I have a great collection of fish and they are all thriving in the tank (go figure). I lost one goby and a shrimp, but other than that all of the fish are doing great.

At the end of the day, I still love my tank and I still love this hobby.