Thread: Tang Planning
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 07:45 PM

ponokareefer is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't suggest getting a regal or naso tang. They both get really big, and love to swim ALOT! I tried a regal in my 125 and as he started to grow, he began to pace a lot and got aggressive. He wasn't very happy at all. Regals and powder blue's are both highly susceptible to ich FYI. Scopas and Kole should would great in your tank.

As others have pointed out as well, copperband's have a very poor rate of survival in aquarium tanks.

Mandarins in a newer tank aren't a good idea. They like to feed on pods around the tank, even if they are eating frozen/flaked food. I would wait until your tank is more mature.

If you're looking for a schooling fish, you will be dissapointed with chromis's. They don't school very much, and by a year or 2, you are usually down to one as they kill each other off. Longspine Cardinalfish, also called glass or theadfin cardinalfish, are one of the best schooling fish for marine tanks. Marine Aquaria in Edmonton has a group together in one of their larger tanks that school together. I would look at the school before writing them off. They look like they have a neon blue light in their head that glows.

As others have already pointed out, dwarf angels can eat corals. I had 3 in my tank that weren't for the longest time, and then one day, they started. If you have some type of canopy or top and some sand, I would consider getting colorfull wrasse's instead.