View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 01:44 AM

SmallFry is on a distinguished road

So another update - the Mollys have a new home and I've been to the fish shop again!

I had been wondering what I should add next that would keep up with the clown. The options were a 'friend' (hopefully more than that ) for the clown, or a coral beauty or a flame angel and maybe something else small. What was available at the time made much of the decision for me - no small clowns, no flame angel, but a nice looking coral beauty that seemed active, ate, had no itch or anything, and had been there for a couple of months. I figured if it'd survived a couple of months there shouldn't be too much wrong with it..
I also got a small royal gramma who is an interesting little character and is apparently able to swallow things up to about half his size. Still not sure quite how he does it...

The Coral Beauty

The Royal Gramma

Everyone seems to be happy and eating well. The Gramma eats practically anything that floats within range of his hole, the clown eats everything apart from the expensive food he was supposed like, and the coral beauty eats flake, algae off the rocks and nori.

I got inventive with the nori and cut a small rock in two then epoxied a magnet into each half (magnet totally encased in epoxy) so they stick together with the nori held in between. Seems to work pretty well so far..

I think I've got all the livestock I'll have in this tank, in fact I may be a bit overstocked at this point, especially if things grow. I do however have a plan.. It comes in the form of a 75 g tank which I am replacing a broken panel on, so larger quarters are in the offing..