View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 11:09 PM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

Ok, so I aquascaped my tank to better suit the needs of my corals, and I took the bulb out of the K2 viper MH and put it in my CoralLife fixture, which has much superior reflectors and heat dispation. Im getting better lighting, appears that the zoos have settled down quite abit since then. I guess I have to somehow match Simons lighting with his breeder tanks but that will take time

So Im took advise from all those that gave it, Im slowly raiseing my salinity to 1.024 from 1.021. One day and im up one point. I double checked my ph and guess what Simon, you nailed it on the head, 8.0, so Im slowly raising that as well, got it up .1 and the xenia is starting to smarten up!

other than that, ammonia is at .40 ppm, and nitrates are at 15 ppm, but i suspect that came from stirring up everything in the tank in the aquascape so im gonna let that settle down. If I do have any algea beakout my two snails got it covered like with every other piece of algea that tries to spring up.

Now heres a question for you folks, I'm sitting at 460 ppm calcium and 12.88 alkalinity which is pretty close to my prefered 440 ppm 10.80 alk. I was wondering if you guys see nothing wrong with that range. I see good growth, color in almost all corals, with xenia being the exception, so I think Im in the right, but let me know if im not.

Im going to let my water changes do the work for Iodine, strontium, molybdenum and most of the calcium but im still going to does the coral vit, amino acid LPS and Phols stuff carefully. I already see good results with the zoos and the digi on that.

anyways just thought Id let you all know, give me thoughts, opinions, and maybe a few good jokes.

Oh yah, I eventually want to retrofit a actiinic fixture into this deal thats under 20" in total length. Help me out by finding ideas/merchants. Thanks folks.