View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 04:44 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoonTang View Post
Im not sure how it is here in Canada but in the US they have to prove that the modifications caused/contributed the damage.
^^^ I was just going to mention this. I had a similar problem with a car I owned down in the states where the dealer said the warranty was void because there were after market mods. In the end they could not prove that the mods caused the problem and had to honor the warranty. I would look into this first as other have said. Unfortunately I find Canada does not quite have the same protection for consumers that the US has and the consumer often seems to get screwed here...one of those situations where all the rights you have in the US is a good thing.

Really sorry to hear about this. Personally I find if you stay calm and work through it, it will get resolved. Just don't panic or stress too much and certainly don't give up. I find retailers will often try to get you to give up quickly or easily to get out of things but if you persist they often "cave" or end up working things out. Sometimes it just takes time.

Good luck!