View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 03:24 PM

Animal-Chin is on a distinguished road

I've had both good and bad experiences but it is a gamble. I bought a vertex Alpha for a really good price and when I got home found the collection cup was broken. The seller was cool about it and gave me a contact at vertex who gave me instructions on how to fix it. A day later the thing was skimming like crazy!

Bout and external return pump that had never been used and just hung on to it as a back up, my external pump died and MAN was I glad I had this back up to save my bacon. Worked great and got an amazing deal on it.

I would never buy used pumps or powerheads that have seen water. I would never buy old LED lights either. The manufacturers say that LED bulbs last 50000 hours which is great but the drivers in the lights seem to have about a 3 year shelf life. I've had a bunch die, I've seen threads all over the internet about their Kessels, Maxpect, Radions,ect that have stopped working.

Fish tank equipment in general seems to have a pretty short shelf life. Most stuff is run all day every day and gets a lot of wear plus its in and or around salt water all the time.

Just my thoughts. I've been super happy with a few used things I've bought but not thrilled with a few too.