View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 01:34 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearth View Post
Had to explain to a lower mainlander tonight what the plug hanging down in front of his rental car grill was for I keep forgetting that they don't get cold or snow and don't know what a block heater is or how it works.
...and he'll be driving away with it still plugged in for sure!

What scared me when I was logging is all the guys that didn't know how to put on chains! Logging = chains. There was a time when I was chaining up my truck, and there was a new guy there already that obviously was having a heck of time. I had my chains on in about 6 minutes, and he still wasn't done. Being a female trucker, it's hard to try to give most men any tips or anything, so I didn't usually bother unless I was asked, but the guy had the one on inside out (the spiky gripper parts going into the tires rather than going onto the ground). I offered a hand, but he wasn't interested, so I just suggested he might want to "turn that one right way out", he told me the spiky parts kept the chains from slipping on the tires and I should mind my own business. Ok, fair enough. So 45 minutes later I'm on my way out when I hear on the radio that "an empty" (a truck coming in) is stuck on the hill. It's buddy with the inside out chains! So me along with 3 other trucks have to wait over an hour for the grader to get over there and drag the guy up the hill while harassing him for having his "jewelry" on inside out. He didn't look at me on his way by. Maybe a little I never saw him again after that. I think maybe he pooped his pants on the way out with a load on, and decided it wasn't for him.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 12-13-2015 at 01:38 PM.