Thread: CO2 Costs
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 03:38 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
thats even pricy, a hydro and new valve is 35 bucks, heck I only pay 50 bucks for filling my 180 cuft welding bottle and thats a try mix which is more expensive than strait co2. I know the cost is jacked a little for smaller bottles as the hook up time is the same, i'll check and see what a couple places here charge. in victoria I used to get it charged at a fire extinguisher place for 30ish bucks.

Steve
Searched through my financial records and found the transaction. Outfit in Kelowna is/was Kost Fire Safety, now part of Mircom Engineered Systems. I remember the gentleman who looked after me saying that the price of CO2 had recently gone up (this was April 2012) and that his business was the only one in the Okanagan qualified to hydro test CO2 bottles. Total cost to hydro test & fill 10lb bottle was $103.04. Couldn't get same day service & had to leave it for pickup a week or so later, since it's a busy place. Maybe he was feeding my a line, dunno, but I did a lot of searching until I found that place. Thankfully I can get cheaper refills at the local gun shop here in Vernon until the next time the bottle needs the hydro test. If you can find a significantly better deal in Kamloops for hydro testing, I'd be interested. 40 minutes to Kelowna or 1 hour to Kamloops, fuel money pretty close to the same. With no apparent competition in the area, I guess they can charge what they want. I had to chuckle as well at the 'price increase' in CO2, thinking to myself I'm doing them a favour to take it off their hands since everywhere else large corporations are paying for their CO2 emissions & or buying carbon credits. It's a strange world.