View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 01:01 AM

vic622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
You may not be able to do everything I listed with that camera, you'll have to check the manual
That's one of the problems. The "manual" is 38 pages & doesn't even list all of the settings, so I'm trying to figure out how one setting affects the others.
Quote:
... but a couple tips that might help:
DOF is related to aperture not iso, iso is image sensor sensitivity and if lighting conditions are not very bright you can bump up the iso setting to brighten the image, but be careful too much will result in a grainy picture.
Ooops, my mistake. I thought maybe the camera might be using a forced ISO change to effectively change the aperture - on reflection that kinda didn't make sense.

Quote:
If you can't shoot in aperture priority then try using an action setting which will give you a faster shutter speed.
It doesn't really have either option. I'll have to do some experimenting to see what I can come up with.

Quote:
If you can't use a manual WB setting then auto is probably your best bet, you can adjust it after with software. Experimenting would be best.
I think I'll try a few shots with each setting to see how they change the WB and then pick the one that's best, or that I can work with after.

Quote:
Best results will come from using minimal zoom, do not zoom in unless you have to. Less zoom will give you more light (higher f number) resulting in a faster shutter speed and sharper picture as well as a greater DOF.
Hmmm, Zoom - I hadn't thought how that might affect the picture quality. It has 4x optical zoom and the some digital zoom.
How much difference is there between them?
Or should I skip both, if possible then use a crop on the recorded image?

BTW, I really appreciate your help,
Vic

75gal Reef
35 gal sump/fuge ~ about to move all to new condo!

Ottawa Tank Build
My 1st Reef Tank Build