View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 10:05 PM

Milad is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Milad
Default Posting pictures made easy

I see this a bunch
"how do i post pictures to a forum"

well Im here to give you step by step instructions on how I do it to make your life easy!

first go sign up for drop box http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTIzNjEzMzA5?src=global
(its free, no strings attached, you get 2gigs of space)

yes I get a referral when you signup but its well worth signing up (will save you tons of time and make you look 133t in front of your friends)

once you have dropbox installed, go to your "my documents" on your computer. There should be a folder called "dropbox"
under the drop box folder there is a "public" folder

Create a folder there, I named mine "Aquarium Build"
then i started dumping any pictures I do on my aquarium into this folder on my computer...

So now you are saying, how the heck does that get them to the web!! Well its simple, dropbox syncs that folder across your iphone, home computer, work computer, and their website. Since you put it in the public folder, you can now share!

so right click on any image you have in the folder and there should be an option called "Drop box" then under there should be a option called "Copy public location"

once you have done that, go create a post and click the "insert image" button on the post and press "ctrl-v" to paste the url you just copied from drop box!!

that simple

now all you gota do is dump all kinds of pictures into your public dropbox folder and you can have anyone on the web view them.

Best of all, YOU WILL NEVER LOSE THESE PICTURES unless you delete them. If your computer crashes, house floods, earthquake destroys canada, your pictures are safe! This is a real backup compared to $200 "backupdrives" costco sales which are not a real back since they have one drive, and they are next to your computer.

So as an IT pro i recommend storing resumes, class work, etc in your dropbox folder for safe keeping (not the public folder).

feel free to pm me if you have any questions!!

TO RESIZE IMAGES:
Go here and download this outstanding little program:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/pictureresizer.html

Place it on your desktop.

Rename it:
PhotoResize800.exe

Then drag any picture or directory with pictures in it on top of the icon.

The program will do an excellent reduction to 800 wide by whatever is required to keep from distorting the image.

It won't effect the originals at all. It creates new reduced images with the same name and "-800" appended to the image names.

If that still leaves too large an image you can reduce the 800 by whatever.

Last edited by Milad; 01-28-2011 at 01:14 AM.