Thread: Filter Socks
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 04:22 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by figdish View Post
Can anyone tell me how I can get my filter socks white again. I tried vinegar with a little bleach and that worked great the first time but not since. Last night I tried hydrogen peroxide soak but still not coming clean. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks fishy fans
Is there a reason why you want to get them white? I doubt they will get white again after a few uses. Off-white is probably the best you can do :-) The floss material will stain to a point where even bleach won't completely turn it white again. However, this does not mean it is no longer effective. So long as you wash it, it should be good to go even if it is not sparkling white. Again, it just means that the fine strands in the filter sock are stained. It doesn't necessarily mean that the sock is still clogged with gunk, if you've washed it.

Same principle as a stained shirt. Think of a tie-die. The fabric is stained, but you can wash the shirt over and over again to clean it without the stain coming out :-)