View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 06:41 PM

skp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Maybe it's too late now, but there is a thing called "beta" in the software/web development world where you basically release your software to a small, controlled group to test the reaction and flushing out the bugs.
For future reference.
I think that beta testing has its place but not in this situation. The entire premise of a website is to attain a presence on the web to reach a very high upper limit of users with one scalable application. If the goal is to debug actual errors in functionality, such as a system crash when trying to add to a wishlist, then that should be handled internally by User Acceptance Testing. If you're trying to tailor the application based on user feedback aka 'opinions' then it isn't feasible to do so for a website (since you're trying to go 'viral'). It becomes really expensive very quickly if you're trying to make every potential user on the world wide web (or even just Canada) happy. And believe me, everyone has a different opinion on what they dislike.

Personally, if I'm just looking for info and I come across a frustrating website then I just go somewhere else. If I'm trying to purchase a service or product from a known vendor and their website is frustrating then I just call or email.

resources: Programmer/analyst for the last 15 years.

I see that Jeff is glued to that computer behind the cash register way too much and I don't thing he's just browsing the web looking at pictures of corals and fish.

Thanks for all the hard work Jeff.