Thread: New 105g tank
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 06:32 PM
The Don

Galizio is on a distinguished road
Default New 105g tank

Never did a tank journal before, first time.
Had few tanks in the last 4-5 years for different reason, but at this time want to go for a single one and hopefully is going to be the last and only for a few years.
So I started to get some quote on tanks, tslot stands, and the Red Sea reefer, but for me at the moment was not possible due to the money involved , and the time if I needed to build my own stand. for me the time is a big issue.
So I got this 105 g and stand for a reasonable price from a fellow reefer.
Got the cabinet guy to build me some panels and got a big sump, which give me lots of room for future equipment or just because always have struggled with room in my tank.
As far for equipment have 2 mp40 qd and a mp10 upgrade to qd driver, apex, alpha cone 200 for skimmer, wave line apex ready return pump, vertex rx-u 1.5 for media.
My only 3 debate at the moment are
- lighting : got kessil a360we and a Ati powermodule 10x39w. Going mostly sps I know t5 is better but I really like the controllability of the kessil with the apex.

-dosing or calcium reactor: at the moment have a libra and a dos , and I been really happy with them, but I saw some amazing tank running calcium reactor so that made me think, also in the long run is cheaper .

- live sand or bare bottom , always had LS in my tanks, but at this time will like to run a probiotic system, I read that LS and probiotic doesn't go well together.

Those are some pics of the tank ATM, waiting to ear from the tslot company about 2 brackets to hang my light fixture.

Also forgot to mention that I will like to do a gravity feed Ato same as the Red Sea reefer, kinda like the idea and also doesn't involve a pump, so an extra empty slot on my bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by WarDog; 05-23-2016 at 04:56 AM.