View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 02:13 AM

phillybean is on a distinguished road
Default Phillybean's 75 to 125 Upgrade

With my corals and fish quickly outgrowing my current tank, I've had my eyes open for a 125 or 180 gallon for awhile. After getting a sweet deal on a Rimless Hagen the project is now on the go.

Currently I just have the tank (125 Gallon Hagen, 1/2" Glass, Rimless, Black Silicone, Corner Overflows). There was some black trim on the tank which I removed to make it truly rimless. The tank is drilled for a closed loop (2 x 2" bulkheads, 4 x 1/2" Bulkheads.

Most of the Hardware I will be using from my 75 Gallon:
Skimmer - ASM G3 (Will be modded with Gate valve, Recirc and Meshwheel before being moved over). Will be fed by one of the overflows.
Lights - 2 x 250 Watt MH, 2 x 48" T5's will most likely add a 3rd 250 watt, however may just use a 175 Watt for the time being.
Pumps - Dart for Closed Loop, Mag 7 for the Return. Will use a Rio 2100 for a Manifold.
Controller - ACJr
Sump - 40 Gallon with build in 20 Gallon Fuge

Livestock will be the same from my 75 gallon. Again, I am just running out of room for fish and corals with-out everything looking cluttered. I plan on going with a much more open look. Mostly SPS with a healthy amount of LPS and Zoas.

To Do List:
1 - Finalize Plans for the Stand
2 - Come up with a plan for the plumbing
3 - Build everything
4 - Decide how the heck I'm gonna pull this off with-out killing everything.