View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:26 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road
Default Intarsiabox's 2012 Nano Contest Entry

I just got back from a family vacation in southern California so I thought I better get going on my nano entry. Since I spent a small fortune on my holiday(lucky me got a heat wave of 105 during Disneyland and water is $4.00, this alone became pricey) I decided to do my entry on somewhat of a budget. I had a 10g tank, lid, heater and light fixture in the garage so I decided to use some elbow grease and use this equipment.
[IMG][/IMG]

This is what I ended up with after some cleaning.
[IMG][/IMG]

I did have to buy a filter so I went with a new HOB model for $24. This will be OK for filtration but not enough flow for the entire tank so a Koralia Nano will be tracked down and added soon. I also need to get some black paper to tape to the back of the tank. All in-tank components are black so I'm hoping it'll all blend in.

[IMG][/IMG]

I also had a few pieces of dry rock laying around that I'll be using. I have a bunch of live rock in my sump but most of it is covered in anthalia so I may have to buy some fresh stuff.

[IMG][/IMG]
I haven't decided on a theme yet but I'm leaning towards an invertabrate only type of tank with a variety of shrimp.

Now I have to see if I can figure out how to post a link in my signature to my build thread.

Last edited by intarsiabox; 09-20-2012 at 08:29 PM.