View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 09:41 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
My insurance policy covers "pets and pet furniture" up to $5,000. I didn't pay extra for this. I inquired in writing and received reply in writing confirming that the fish, corals, and even the live rock are all covered. I was surprised.
Worth double checking if this is important to you but my understanding of what you're referring to falls under different context. For example, if your tank crashes and you loose all your livestock you're insurance company won't cover it. Same if your dog dies, they won't give you $5K for a new dog. In event of something more catastrophic they're simply limiting their liability to that category to $5K. So if your house burns down you can qualify for a maximum of $5K to cover everything (equipment & livestock) relating to the aquarium and other pets and related accessories. I have something similar in my policy and that's how it was explained to me. Any items over the generic amounts listed in the policy will require separate policies for full coverage but according to my broker there's no separate (home insurance) policy available to cover livestock in the context of an aquarium.