View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 03:17 PM

Rus is on a distinguished road
Default My 315 upgrade / rebuild

I had posted a pic or two in the full tank photo thread the other day and had a few questions that i was asked , so as to not wreck the thread and it's purpose I thought i would start a new one with a quick overview of my newish tank upgrade.

Just to catch you all up , i have been running a 225 gal reef for the past 4+ years .In mid February i came home from work to a rather large problem , the bottom seal on my tank had gone and my tank was down around 80 plus gallons....

Needless to say i spent the next 24 hrs or so cleaning up and trying to save all that i could.

A few days after , i decided it was time to press on and not let this get me down . ( although i was seriously considering a break for a while ) My new tank arrived around mid March ( thanks to Dan @ Aquatic Addictions ) The old fish room has been totally renovated including , new lino floor tiles , emergency floor drain *** ( very important for my marriage ) , repainted, new stand ,new cabinets and work area , new lighting setup , etc...

Equipment ismostly the same except a few new goodies.

Tank 72" x 36" x28" ( front panel starphire / external rear overflow)

*Skimmer Deltec 902
*Deltec Calcium reactor
*Deltec Kal stirrer
*Dart ( main pump on 2 seaswirls for return )
*2 vortecs
2 tunze 6100 ( controlled by aquasurf)
*Aq 3
*Carbon / phosphate reactors
* 200 custom gal sump

Lighting 2 - 250 ( hqi ballast ) 1 -400 ( vertex elec. ballast ) 4 t5 actinics. Halides are using lumineric mini reflector.

Tank is now into it's third month and other than a few minor issues seems to be starting to settle in nicely all levels are staying solid so far and colors are starting to slowly make there way back on a few of my original corals and some of the new ones.
Fish list is up to 22 so far with a mixture of wrasses , tangs ,clown and anthias , and a school of 10 Glass cardinals.

Here are a couple pics from the early part of the setup.up to a moth or so ago, I will try to add some up to date ones later on .

I

Last edited by Rus; 07-12-2009 at 03:22 PM.