Thread: Wood Vs Steel
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 01:35 AM
Banned

Basile is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Ha, ok, we'll tell you you aren't going to put anew thousand into the tank... You'll come back to us later and tell us you did. It's inevitable I've learned to just stop counting (and I'm a poor, frugal student). It's a hobby that I really enjoy, so I've stopped caring about the cost as much.

I'll echo what others have said: as long as you've coated the stand with a decent waterproof paint, you're good to good for a long time. At work I conduct experiments with fairly caustic solution (2.2M sodium carbonate) that pretty much insta-rusts steel and I get spills constantly. My whole experimental apparatus is mounted to a steel frame stand. I painted it with blue Krylon paint and 4.5 years later, no rust.

lol ok thanks lol, oh i know about the cost but the its the starting cost thats worst, the rest is maintenance, and upgrades, thats normal, i don't drink or smoke , thats my income for the tank, boose and smokes thats a fair size amount per year, lol , the occasional wine don't count, and two glasses and i'm done, lol. The fishes will get drunk before me on vodka lol. Thanks guys....

Last edited by Basile; 07-27-2013 at 01:37 AM.