View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 09:56 PM

Dash is on a distinguished road

I saw an ad for a small tank & couldn't resist spending the $30. It's about 25 gal. I had the intention of doing a freshwater planted but then...I thought what about a SW temperate tank instead, hmmm. I have some reservations but I think I'll enjoy the challenge. After cleaning it out, I put in some water & a rock from the DT. Also a xenia to test the waters. It's a little sad but bravely pulsing away. I plan to add some sand & a bit more rock. Need a hang on skimmer, new powerhead & a light if anyone is selling

Meanwhile, I've been trying to improve my camera skills with stuff in the DT. I'm lucky if I can focus but it's fun.

Hellfire milli has been a fast grower for me:

Some coral are starting to resent their neighbours:

Orange Passion starting to colour up more:

Po checking out a patch of algae that I can't seem to get rid of:

I was told this was a type of tuxedo - should've listened to my inner voice. So of course he grew huge in 3 days. Luckily he is well-behaved and is content to carry around something I give him.

Love my rockflower - such a gentleman!

These two are more tolerant of each other's company:

Space Invader feeling hungry:

My latest acquisition: a strawberry coral. Hope it will do well, fingers crossed. I mounted it upside down and so far it seems happy.

Marilyn the jawfish is doing well. She is always out when the lights are on, and the other day I saw her shoo away the puffer! Here's a little video clip of her:

Last edited by Dash; 11-26-2019 at 10:10 PM.