View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by philg3 View Post
Hey Chris,

What combo LED colors did you end up going with. When i bought your halide pendants you were talking about how the Royal Blues were too "Disco-Raveish".
I went with 56 LEDs on 2 heatsinks, 14 rb 14 b and 28 cw. The colour is ok for now, I still feel it's abit on the dark side with lenses in the middle and edges. I am also running 2 overdriven t5 for supplements. Not discoish at all now but may add more regular blues to get a more 20k look, right now I would say it's a 12k look running the t5 and LEDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefer Rob View Post
Hey Tang Daddy, did you get you're LEDs hooked up over you're tank yet? I've had mine going for almost a week. Yee-ha, colors on steroids, hopefully the corals grow well.
Hey Rob, LEDs are running for about a month now. I ended up melting and bleaching a few montis like my forest fire digi, pokerstar and rainbow. The lenses really focus the light. In the next few weeks or maybe after the new years I will be turning the cw up to 1000ma, currently all running at 700ma. As for the sps they have colored up alot more under these lights, the LEDs sit about 4" from the surface with 80 degree lenses, acros are about 4-6" under the surface. I am happy with the LEDs for sure!

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips