Thread: lastlight's 225
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 06:12 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

The 10 gallon i picked up from canreefer outtafocus tonight.

After I gave it a little love. I wanted to replace his bulkheads since I wanted them 1" all the way to my sump and they reduced to hose/ less than 1". Not until after I sawed the pvc off the bulkheads did I notice these were siliconed in from gasket and nut side. I had to drill the plastic and pry like crazy to remove them!

This shows the area where the fuge will sit or should i say float. I'm building a shelf so it sits above my return piping. It will be fed off that manifold (that also currently feeds into my 20 gallon waterchange reservoir under there). Two drains into the sump gives me peace of mind when running this in-line like I intend to.

Other side of the stand. Hard to see but I plumbed a mag3 i had kicking around in. To do a waterchange i isolate this 20g reservoir by shutting it's manifold feed off (it normally is always in circulation with the sump). Then I flip a switch and the mag3 empties 20g into my basement. I attached some type of threaded nipple i found in the irrigation section of HD to the intake and then trimmed it to leave maybe 1mm of space between the tank bottom. It empties NEARLY all of the tank before catching air. The topoff comes from my mixed water in the office. The tie-wraps you see on that pipe are directing the clear flex tubing from the water-change cabinet into the tank.

Last edited by lastlight; 04-07-2009 at 06:20 AM.