View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 04:13 PM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Codfather View Post
There is always two sides to this. Here is my opinion for what its worth.
If you own this breed of dog, good for you. I do believe any breed of dog can be the loving loyal pet.
That being said, you know the dangers, and as long as you do not, under any circumstance endanger me, my children or any other member of the public, keep your dog and do what you will.
However, if you at any point, you fail at your responsibilities to keep this animal in a safe manner, I hope the law comes at you with the safety off.
It is the responsibility of the owner to do this. Unfortunately, we see the outcome of owners who think they do not have this responsibility.
Coasting, something to keep in mind. There has been reports of unprovoked attacks in many breeds, big, small, and everything in between. So please, don't say one thing without consideration of all the facts. You say its fear mongering morons and education that are at fault here. Id disagree to some point. In some cases its just the dog, plain and simple.
But the point being unprovoked attack can happen in ANY breed. I have seen a few lately even with the media running around claiming pit bull attack and it was a husky or other breed. Therr was one in richmond not long ago where the human who got attacked by the dog actually went onto social media and tried correcting these news sites who were saying it was a pit when it wasnt. We had a client at the vets whos off leash little dog got attacked by a "pit bull" who was on leash, he was going around telling everyone about the vicious pit bull. I saw the dog that did the attacking at a later date, it was a shepherd mix. Nothing remotely bully breed.
Many many dog breeds are capable of imense damage.
With out training any dog can be a danger.
Yes bullys are selected more so to be trained to fight. Key word, trained.
They dont get born as pups with that mindset. They can be high strung and if you dont know how to handle or train any high strung dog youre screwed, any breed. But these guys are highly inteligent and easy to train (with proper training), especially using positive reinforcement. Little dogs not so much. Bullys love to please their owners and do whats asked of them. They are by far one of my favourite breeds to train and work with because their so much smarter and capable of so much more.