View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 11:34 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road
Default Review time

Purchased these 2 items....yes I know, I am a sucker for gimmicks.

Truthfully both items work and they work well.

Algae clip

pro: slim design, easy to use, strong magnet, all day grazing pad for those sheep of the sea.
con: wasteful.

One thing I noticed is it takes the fishes a bit of time to realize that it's a food source. Not one fish even took a second look at that thing until I moved my existing algae clip right on top of it a few days later, but once they started to eat out of it performed exactly how it should. Personally, I give it a B+. It would have received an A if I didn't have to waste 1/3 of the nori sheet every change.

Auto Defroster.

pro: multiple usage, good to drop the food in and let it slowly release food. strong magnet.

con: DOES NOT WORK WITH EURO BRACE(for now). defrosting right into the tank (possible adding extra nutrient) single magnet, hard to position without putting your hand in the water.

I think this product is still great, once you set it in place and you don't have an eurobrace it's pretty much drop the frozen food and go. My defroster came in with a bit of excess glue on the bottom and took me a good pull to break it lose, very close to breaking it... of course the reason to take it apart is to clean and or use as a flake feeder without the cups.

All and all, I like both product, ****ty that the defroster didn't come with euro brace adapters but I think I can silicone some magnets on it and make it work. My suggestion is buy buy buy. I got mine at King ed pets as JL hasn't got them yet.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013

Last edited by Bblinks; 06-26-2015 at 11:40 PM.