View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 07:04 PM

corallivore is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
The popcorn was not directed at you, so no.

Not a chance... I really like popcorn.

Discussion over PM request was directed at Coasting, not you.

All you've added to the conversation is popcorn...what interest could I possibly have to discuss this topic with you...lol

but you're right, popcorn is delicious...

I get it. You love your dog and he/she is a good dog...nobody is debating that.

BUT...

A chihuahua won't kill your kid.

A bully breed will and you probably can't stop it.

The ignorance I see is most often from pit apologists, people who, for example, refuse to accept their dogs were bred for fighting and can't accept that IF their dog goes into the red zone, the consequences are far worse than with almost any other breed.

There was just a dog attack in Regina.
Family dog, described as "a big sweetheart" been around the kids for most of it's life and then it's prey drive kicked in because the little girls pony pail caused an instinctual reaction.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...tack-1.3796672

It's just so typical and every single bully apologist always says the exact same things...

To me, that's where the ignorance is most harmful.

You think this would have made the news if it was a chihuahua?

I had a pointer, never hunted in his life, never.

but when we'd hike and a rabbit or something would run by, he'd whelp (a sound that he would only make during these chases)and chase the rabbit (or squirrel or whatever) and point at the hole or tree he'd chased them into.

He could NOT be recalled when he would get this excited and for him and me, that was a big deal as he always, always listened from the time he was 6 months old and wanted to be next to me more than anywhere else.

This is all instinct and it kicks no matter what under the right circumstances.

it's stronger in some dogs than others but how do you know which?

I feel that if bully owners/apologists could just accept some of the realities for their dogs breed, you wouldn't need a ban and good dogs wouldn't have to pay the price.

Last edited by corallivore; 10-13-2016 at 07:16 PM.