View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 04:26 AM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvrle1 View Post
Receipt should be good enough for proof of ownership, part, but wasnt sure if they needed something specific for identity. If it says clowns on a receipt, would that be enough, or would they need Latin name, like it is listed in the susceptible list.

Thanks again for all the help
For the most part the border guards don't care. They are looking for alcohol and cigarettes that you may be smuggling into the country or something worse. You probably would be OK with the receipt stating "Aquarium Fish". Too much information sometimes confuses them and sends up red flags. However if you are concerned ask the retailer to include the Latin names.

I have crossed the border thousands and thousands of times. I purchase a load of stuff from BRS and elsewhere. Like I said before I just haven't brought fish over the border for many years because I see no purpose in it anymore as I can get whatever I want from a local retailer and I like to see what I buy before purchasing it. The prices for fish and corals in Seattle are more expensive then they sell here in Canada.

Just don't lie about what you have and what you are doing and you should be fine.

Last edited by Frogger; 04-07-2019 at 04:31 AM.