View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 12:39 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskoreef View Post
hey you have a regal angel! how long have you had him? has he eaten any lps? does he eat with the wrasse and tangs?? Your tank has definetly inspired mine alot, i hope mine is still running as long as yours!
Ya, I just saw your new addition! Love the regals

I've had mine for 4 years now I think. In general I have found them to be a challenge. This isn't the first angel that I've ever tried to keep. I've found that they can be fickle eaters. And yes, like many medium (to large) angels they can tend to develop a taste for LPS and/or clams and/or SPS. Having said that, here's the history with mine..

I got my regal originally to put into a "FOWLR" that I once had many moons ago. That "FOWLR" happened to have some corals in it and she did nip on most of them when I first introduced her. She was in there with a bunch of other angels (Queen and King). Most of the corals that I put into my "FOWLR" I didn't really care about so I let them have at it. Interestingly enough over time they started to lose their interest in the corals and nipped on them less. They much preferred my homemade fish food mush that I make. Eventually I shut down that "FOWLR" and sold most of the fish in there save for my regal. The regal I put into my main 150g display. I kept an eye on her and sure enough, she didn't bother any corals, luckily. Just luck and maybe some conditioning from the previous tank that she was in, maybe.

She does enjoy eating zoa frags though. I can not keep any zoas in my tank. *sadface* Aside from that, I have acans, chalice, a clam, and all manner of LPS that she doesn't touch.

For good measure I do keep a special prayer in the prayer reactor for her. I'm not sure what I'd do if she started to decimate my coral collection in the 150g. That would be a tough decision.