View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 03:05 AM

sumpfinfishe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sumpfinfishe

I agree our water supply issues are insufficient for our population growth, but the are many other factors to consider other than humans wasting gallons a day down our sinks and toilets. Weather patterns have played a huge role in this problem and not just from one hot dry summer. Global warming has shrunk our glaciers or even eradicated them from mountains and peaks in this province.
Also we wouldn't have a water shortage problem if we sold a little less water to folks down south. California would be a ghost state if it wasn't for our water. Also the Nestle corporation comes into our province and milks springs and natural wells of hundreds of thousands of gallons of water a year for pennies a gallon and then sell it back to British Columbians for almost 98% profit, not to mention they also close off access to the once public springs so we can no longer obtain the once free water.

Just my two vents for the day

PS, I don't run RO in my system, instead pre filter carbon and DI which results in no algae, and healthy happy fish and corals.

all that we do is touched with ocean,
yet we remain on the shore of what we know
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/5/aquarium

Last edited by sumpfinfishe; 07-25-2015 at 03:15 AM.