View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 12:19 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough
Default Planning a trip to Bali

Has anyone here been to Bali?

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip. We are just in the beginning of the plans. It seems like the best time to go would be June to be in the good part of the season, but also to avoid the biggest tourist crowds in July and August. Our main attraction will be beaches and water. We both plan to get our PADI Open Water dive certificate while there. We are much more interested in the coral reefs than pelagic fish and open water. As well as endless hours of snorkeling if the waters permit. We would like to stay away from touristy areas and resorts. We would prefer to go in April, but are worried about water clarity and humidity. It would be pretty cool to check out some of the coral "farms" if that's possible too.

I have a friend who's boyfriend is actually from Bali (moved here 2 years ago), and he was a tour guide there. He will be helping me plan my trip as well.

Any suggestions from anyone? I'm haunting the Lonely Planet forums now. I've been looking at books too, but will have to order something in instead of being able to view the book first. Does anyone have recommendations on books? Edit: Looking for Bali dive books, not tourist books.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!!

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 12-26-2009 at 05:04 PM.