View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 07:28 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road
Default Coralgurls tank build 180 - it's ALIVE

Hey everyone, I finally get to have a build thread! This is a bit early to start as i wont be picking up the tank till later this week but I'm so excited, sitting here planning and thinking. I expect to have the tank up and running within the year so loads of time for planning.

As I have only been reefing for less than a year with my 55gl sump less system, I have a LOT to learn going bigger and would like some input on equipment. Currently have the following:

Tunze 9011 skimmer rated to over 200 gl
Mp 10 and 40
Illuminex LEDs and 2x 54 wt t5ho
Hob refugium

Obviously lighting is going to have to change. I really like what the LEDs have done for the tank since adding, I know a lot of you have been switching over, thoughts, pros, cons?

I'm guessing another mp 40...?

In my current set up I've been trying every coral, sorties, lps and sps. Not
much luck with the sps and not sure if I will really get into them (for now) but
obviously want the option.

So....what else should I be looking at?

My other question is flooring. The space where the tank will be going is carpeted, will likely pull it out and tile it. I've read a few threads on tile floors and the concerns...Thoughts?

When we get the tank home, will post pics, have an idea of some of the mods we will need to make.

Thanks and I look forward to all comments and suggestions.

Last edited by Coralgurl; 02-09-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Bigger tank