View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 07:58 AM

Megalodon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Megalodon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
Good to know. I was ordering stuff from Amazon.com and other US based online retailers (not fish stuff) before our Cdn dollar tanked but I've stopped most of that due to the poor exchange rate. Of course my in-laws choose this time to go for a family vacation to Washington state this weekend so I'll be spending lots of Cdn dollars to cover my American expenses. Yay!!! NOT! At least they're covering accommodations.

Anthony
I was a big Amazon.com junkie up until December. I had stuff shipped to Hagen's of Blaine and then just hopped across the line to pick it up. But now I'm finding that even Amazon.ca can be cheaper.

Take, for example, this espresso machine for $ 614.11 CDN on Amazon.ca, with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.ca/Breville-BES870...ville+espresso

On Amazon.com it's $599.95 US. But add 6.5% WA state sales tax, and $2.50 for the shipping depot, that's $641.45 US, times 28.6% exchange, comes out to $824.90, more than $200 more!

http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BES87...words=breville

But I did just put in an order with petmountain.com to ship to Blaine. They don't charge WA state sales tax, there's a 10% discount for first-time buyers, and have free shipping over $75 US, so it worked out for me. Included is a Seachem Ammonia Alert and Kent Pro-Scrapers for cheaper than I could have at J&Ls. I also got Bio-Spira for my quarantine/hospital tank, which I can't even find up here. Nature's Miracle is also quite a bit cheaper (like Just for Cats Urine Destroyer). The only problem is they have poor selection, and now I have to go pick it up lol. I'll get gas and dairy while I'm down, and maybe some meat, but that's about it.

Last edited by Megalodon; 03-06-2015 at 08:05 AM.