View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 01:16 AM

Ryan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster View Post
Being out of the hobby for 6 years i was thinking fish prices now are crazy.Is this a result of covid?People could sell there stuff for whatever price they want.Is someone wants it bad enough they will buy it overpriced or not
It started with the indo ban, prices went up. Then covid made the animals hard to go out and collect, now its hard to get air space for fish and when they do get the space the airlines are charging a premium. I don't mind paying higher prices for quality livestock, my issue is an increase in prices and a lack of quality in the stores. J&L is probably the one I trust the most when it comes to buying high end fish. I don't trust any brick and mortar retail store in Southern Alberta at this point except maybe Ocean Creation. The rest don't seem to give a darn about the fish or the quality going out.

Ontop of that, there is western influence. The collectors in these areas have realized what they were collecting for pennies was selling for hundred of dollars. Now they have caught onto the rare fish and bright coral game. We are also seeing alot less wild coral being collected and more mariculture, and aquaculture corals. Even then I remember when red coral would sell colonies for $50 on the boxing day pre order then were $60 or $70 each when in the store.