View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 11:38 PM

Johnny Reefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Johnny Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
Though not by any means impossible to run a new wires, it can be a pain. You don't need to open up the whole wall but can do things like cutting a 2" wide horizontal strip, or a series of small access holes that's not that hard to patch. ....
Sounds like a bigger job than I'd like to take on then. If the room does have only one circuit then I think I'll shift gears and put the FOWLR in the bedroom instead. I calculate it to require 1,369W, which will work. I'm sure I'll find more than one circuit in the living area to distribute the reef tank wattage. I just didn't want to put the reef in the living area 'cause I foresee the MH's being a bit annoying while watching TV. Something to get used to I suppose. Thanx for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazoom View Post
as the label in the box states that is a 70 amp service box.. if you calculate 90 amps you are overloading it....hazard!!!!!
get a qualified electrician to come in and put in a 100/200 box and rewire it properly!!! its well worth it in the long run...
Still doesn't make sense to me. 6 x 15 = 90, not 70. Anyhoo, I'm quite certain that I'm not overloaded on it. Both my FW tanks are shut down now and the Reef and FOWLR are currently running skimmerless, so I'm running quite a bit less power now than I have before. Never once have I blown a fuse in the place, so I should be okay. Thanx for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
70 amp is the old panel

Johnny_Reefer said the new place is 125A.
Yes, thanx for that. The 70 Amp is the place I'm moving out of. It's a rental and thus not my concern.

Thanx again for the help and cheers,