View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 09:34 PM

Baldy is on a distinguished road
Default Newly added frag motality rate

Hello all.

A recent frag addition to my tank has gotten me wondering, what percentage of frags that you add to your tanks survive?

I just added 4 frags, 2 head galaxy torch, 10-15 heads pink palys/zoas, 5-7 heads magician zoas, and an acan frag with around 5 heads on it. The galaxy torch and the pink zoas are doing great. The acans have been acting strange. a couple dayas after i added them, they were maybe half inflated again, and held that way for a few more days. I thought maybe it was too much light. Theyre in a lower flow area of my tank. I shaded them and the next day they were way worse. I pulled the shade off before i left for the weekend, and when i got back theres been no change. the skeleton is very much exposed, theres still color around where the mouths would be, just not much.

solving the problem isnt really what im looking for, just wondering if newly purchased frags dying is a fact of life with this hobby or if im doing something wrong that i need to look at. I think i end up about 50-60% of my frags surviving.

75g reef w/ 20g sump, 100lbs LR, Tunze 9006 skimmer, 3 part dosing, DIY 66 LED fixture, Reefleeper Lite
LED build here: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/29498...h-mount-build/