View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano View Post
How do people do this with butterfly's all the time? ive seen lots of people talk about feeding there cbb by hand and now petting there fish? do people train them for this or do they just get comfortable enough that they dont freak out when you touch them or something? cause i think that'd be pretty sweet feeding a fish by hand
Back in the 80's, I had a tank full of fish that I handfed. My Passer King angel and Moorish Idol would nibble off my fingers. My snowflake moray, smooth horn shark and Volitan lion would grab squid and smelts out of my fingers. It was cool but fairly time consuming & your fingers smelled like seafood With the shark, it would grab the squid and suck it back bit by bit, forcing me to eventually let go before it's teeth reached my fingers. I was young & foolish, so I wouldn't recommend doing this with possibly dangerous fish nowadays.

I have too many fish that I really like. Seahorses, angels, tangs seem to top my list.

Two fish species that are hard to keep but I really love are twin spot gobies and mandarin gobies.