View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 04:36 PM

The-new-guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatigot View Post
I rememeber a friend of mine used some on his aquapod (the milliputty kind) with the same results.
He followed the instructions to the letter (even rinsed the putty to ensure most of the crap was off before putting it into his tank.

It was only a 12 gallon tank, but after it happened we checked at OA and JL and no one there had anything different than aquattros comments to share.

After some checking online, we found a few cases where this exact thing HAD occured.
I don't know how big your tank is, but even a little of this stuff breaking down in a small system can blanket the water and starve everything for oxygen, or at least thats what it looked like was happening as snails couldnt grip glass like it was all coated in a slime and fish were trying to get to the top of the tank like they were oxygen starved.

I was scared off of the frag glue after that indcident as nowhere did the instructions say there was a tank size limit for the use of the glue and my friend was very dilligent in following the instructions and using as little of the product in the first place as possible.

Rest assured, this stuff can kill fish in the right situation and you don't have to use pounds of it and while I use it on my largetr system now, I would never use it in a 20 gallon or under system ever.

+1