View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 03:19 AM

iceman86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcaneyedo View Post
Are you using coarse or fine media? I switched from fine to coarse a few years ago because I found that as fine media dissolved it quickly restricted the flow through the reactor and made the drip rate slow down. When was the last time you pulled the whole thing apart and rinsed out the reactor plus the media? I've also found that I need to rinse out all of the muck that builds up inside at least twice a year to maintain a steady flow rate. Is your reactors input provided by gravity, syphon or a pump? I've found having a designated infeed pump or 'T' ing off of the output of another pump to give me a more consistent flow through vs gravity and syphon.
I'm using a.r.m. extra coarse media in the reactor. This is the first time I'm using this reactor so everything is cleaned out and has fresh media. I picked it up a couple months ago but I had issues with my tank so I never got to fully set it up so I went back to using a doser until I sorted out my issues. I'm using a 400 gph pump I picked up at big als to feed the reactor. I was also thinking about putting a "t" on my gfo reactor pump and see if it helps.