View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 06:45 AM

maron6977 is on a distinguished road
Default Light sensor problem

I've had my wp40 for a few weeks now & really liked it so far . I'm still trying to dial in the flow I like & corals are at their happiest ! The light sensor worked quite well in the beginning - I taped the controllers on the side of the tank so direct LED wouldn't damage the sensor but still get enough light to activate it . It worked great for a couple weeks then all of a sudden I noticed when going to bed the pumps were running in reg. mode & not night mode . I thought I had damaged the sensor already , thought that was odd considering it wasn't in direct light , and swapped it out with a new one . They were still acting up at strange times - late at night , when going to bed but by morning when the lights were starting to ramp up & turn on , they worked properly . I finally figured it out , my lunar lights turn off for approx. 1 week a month & the sensor needs dim light to go into & stay in night mode . It was the light from the TV that kept it in night mode before I went to bed , but after 15 min of turning it off , it would go back to reg. mode . It won't stay in night mode when completely dark !
So something to keep in mind when placing the controller !!!