Thread: Photo help
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 07:52 AM

Renegade is on a distinguished road

Well i have a D70s and also have done allot of experimenting. First You will not achieve the color you are looking for with the flash, so get rid of it. Next i recommend shooting in aperture priority. Also Make sure you are in spot model for its reference of what part of the photo it uses to determine it White balance. If you are having trouble capturing a sharp crisp shot (in focus) try raising you ISO up 800 to practice till you get better with the camera. Ideally you want to shoot with the lowest ISO you can get but thats not always possible. think of it as using 400 film inside where theres not much natural light compared to using 200 outside with lots. IMO tanks that are not MH based for lighting, the higher ISO will help to compensate for the lack of light. And practice some more.

Let me know i'm not sure where your located, but you could come out to the reef dinner on web. Jason is an amazing camera guys extremely knowledgeable and we could probably help you out with a setting or two.

Kyle