Thread: 75 gallon reef
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 06:23 PM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road

Right now, the tank seems to be going through a bit of the ugly stages. Getting tons of gha growth in the sump. Pulled a cup of gha out last night. And now there is some in the sand and on the rocks. The sand comes out fine, but it's anchored pretty good to the rocks.

For CUC I have:
3 trochus
25 ish cerith
1 fighting conch

The only fish in the tank is a yellow tang which was moved from the 25 gallon I had to put it in when I moved.

For stocking I am looking at:
yellow tang
2 clowns as my wife is a big fan of them
lawnmower blenny - hopefully it will help with the gha I always seem to get
coral beauty

I would like to add a one spot fox face, but that might be pushing it stocking wise.

Since I had recently lost a few corals and all my params were well within the normal reef tank params I figured I would look into my lights.

I got the sb reef lights with the tank in 2018 so I have no idea when the original owner bought them.

I'm using the seneye reef for a par meter so I realize this is not the most accurate readings, but with the light set to 60% blue and 20% white which is the setting I was told the former owner used and was able to grow SPS. I had the following par readings toping out at 230 ish on the rocks. Overall they seemed much lower than expected. I bumped them up to 70% blue and 50% white and got in the 300's for par on the rocks, but still seems low for that setting when compared to other videos on the lights at the same settings. I am wondering if I need to look into some new lights?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210911_185104679(1).jpg (36.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210911_185104679(2).jpg (36.5 KB, 7 views)